Gilkey Covered Bridge Rehabilitaion

Foundation Engineering has completed the exploratory drilling, laboratory testing, and an evaluation of the foundation options for Linn County's rehabilitation of the Gilkey covered bridge crossing Thomas Creek on Goar Road.  The bridge is a ±82-foot long by ±24-foot wide, four-span timber trestle structure built in 1950.  The existing structure is structurally deficient with a Sufficiency Rating of 22.5.  Rot has been found in some of the timber piling supporting the bridge, and the bridge deck and stringers have various degrees of weathering and/or deterioration.